Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Well here I am living at the "Y" on Christmas Eve. Not where I thought I would be last year at this time.

I had a meeting with my Case Worker this morning. She told me I will have to submit 3 applications for work per week. I kind of balked at that idea because I feel it is to low. I will be submitting many more than that per week.

Also we discussed the amount that I would have to save per pay towards getting my own apartment. She wants me to save 10% of my paycheck. I think again that the amount is to low. I will adjust as I see fit. I also informed her that I would be saving for a car. At this point to me a car is of more importance. Lack of transportation is severely limiting my available options.

I kind of did lay down the law. I informed her that if I am unable to find an income in the next two weeks that I would be moving out and back to Carlisle and living in a tent. I can make a call today and start working tomorrow.  She was not keen to that idea. I am surmising that it may be that if I were to do that I would be a black mark against the VA and it's efforts to end homelessness among vets. Oh well I have to do what I have to do.

The last few days I have been doing some exploring of my new city. I have found a few places to eat and a very small neighborhood grocery. I have taken some pictures and am posting them here for you to see.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers