Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Journey Begins

Let me introduce myself. My name is Bob and I am a U.S. Army Veteran. I served from 1979 until 1988. I am the divorced father of three grown boys. I am 51 years old.

Currently employed as a Certified Nursing Aide. I work in Home Health. I currently make $9.50 an hour at my job that gives me 18 to 21 hours a week with no benefits. I really love what I do for a living. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a better job that will offer more hours and better pay with benefits. I will not give up because I know that someone will hire me. I just find it frustrating.

Prior to becoming a CNA I worked as an industrial mechanic. But was laid off and decided to pursue a different direction.

I learned on 16th of November that I would have to vacate my current residence by the end of December. The owners are abandoning the property and thus I will no longer be able to live here.

Now the dilemma I find myself in is that due to extremely low pay I have no savings and am unable to afford rent, utilities, and food all at the same time. I am working on it though.

I will see what I will see what I am able to accomplish in the next few weeks. I am hoping to have a place to stay in a few days or weeks. But if need be there is always the VA homeless programs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers