Monday, January 7, 2013

Food Stamps

Well it's official. I now have food stamps. I applied for assistance on the 31st of December. I went in today as I mentioned I had to when I got a call from the assistance office. I walked the whole way there, Google says it was 2.8 miles from the "Y". I was going to take a CAT bus home but started walking and looking for a bus stop. Did not see any and came upon the street where I grocery shop and needed to pick up a few items so never did catch a bus home.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to Career Link. That is the unemployment office. I need to get hooked up with them again. I am not going to get any cash but they have job search options.

I am starting to get a bit frustrated with the VA. Yes they are providing me with a place to stay but that is about all they are doing. I thought I would have more contact with them. But oh well. I feel that my greatest fear when I started this journey is happening. I am falling through the cracks. I am so used to doing things myself with no help so I guess that is how it is going to be.

On another good note. I now have permission to tell you about one of my readers. he does not want me to mention his name. But I have a Senator from Washington as a reader. He contacted me and told me he is following my blog. I asked permission to tell you about him but he said he is fine with it just no names as of yet. It just makes me happy that I have someone with his status following my journey.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad a senator is following your blog. I'm paying attention, too, and if you ever, ever think of some way I can be helpful in your journey, don't hesitate to let me know. For now, I'm supporting you from afar and hoping your greatest fear of falling through the cracks doesn't manifest. Hopefully the Good Senator won't allow it. :)

    Dena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I am thinking of posting something on your website to assist me with transportation. If you would like to discuss please feel free to email me.

      Delete

Followers