Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meeting Today with Community Action Commission

While at work today I received a call from one of the programs I applied to during my meeting with the VA social worker. The program is called Victory House our of Lancaster PA. After answering several questions we decided to put it on the back burner until we hear about the YMCA. I called the Social worker and informed her about this development. She also informed me that she spoke to the YMCA and that they have an opening. She told me she would let me know in a couple days.

I had the meeting with the lady from the Community Action Commission today. I am very upbeat after our meeting. She agrees that quitting my job is not a prudent idea. We talked about options here in Carlisle. She is going to check on them. Also she said that her place of employment has an opening in Perry County and that she would get me the information. Her job is to help me find a job and housing. I am very excited because all the options we discussed would allow me to keep my current job. She told me she would call me tomorrow and let me know how she makes out. I am looking forward to that call.

I received an e-mail from the lady from CAC. The job we spoke about requires a BA degree which I do not have. Oh well, we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers